What do you think of Rockstar Buying out FiveM?

David

Community Director
Community Director
  • May 8, 2023
    Texas
    mountaininteractive.com
    Roleplay Community Update
    Cfx.re Joins Rockstar Games

August 11, 2023

Today, we are proud to announce that Cfx.re — the team behind the biggest Rockstar roleplay and creator communities, FiveM and RedM — are now officially a part of Rockstar Games.

Over the past few years, we've watched with excitement as Rockstar's creative community have found new ways to expand the possibilities of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2, particularly through the creation of dedicated roleplay servers. As a way to further support those efforts, we recently expanded our policy on mods to officially include those made by the roleplay creative community. By partnering with the Cfx.re team, we will help them find new ways to support this incredible community and improve the services they provide to their developers and players. We look forward to sharing more in the weeks and months ahead.

What will this mean for the rolepaly sector of popular games? I want to know what you think. 

image.png

I have mixed feelings about this. Something tells me that they might try to get rid of fivem which would be wrong because in theory it does bring them in some sort of income with people purchasing gta v on steam and it would make a huge community very upset with them. On the bright side it could be a good thing because it could help make things a little bit more stable for more players and be able to have bigger slot servers but only time will tell what their actual plan is. 

Reactions: ADHD
    Upvote 0
    Hard to say what they'll do with it, however if they decide to keep the core purpose of FiveM it will probably become way better
    Rockstar has more funds, more devs, and especially more development possibilities for FiveM and RedM since they actually own the games those applications make use of
    Rockstar has been known to dislike FiveM indeed but i believe that it was more due to the security issues that FiveM posed since it was an external application that rockstar had no control of. Now that they own it it should be fine
    Hopefully they don't ruin it

Last edited by a moderator:
    Upvote 0
    I'm afraid the car brands won't be real anymore so the gta brands will be like vapid
    That probably won't happen, modded car models are made by players, along with mappings, guns etc, and are added by the server owners. Rockstar won't be able to do anything about those since they only own FiveM and not the servers inside of it (unless they make it a rule in the fivem tos but it would be pretty much impossible for them to enforce it)

Upvote 0
    i think prob better security and they can get servers like fivem in gta online for thoes who cant get gta

Upvote 0